37 years of experience
- BS, Syracuse University, Construction Management
- The Association for the Advancement of Cost Engineering Associated General Contractors
- Construction Specifications Institute
- Instructor for Engineers & Surveyors Institute of Northern Virginia
- Instructor for AIA Washington DC Chapter
- Former Board of Supervisor Member of Fauquier County, Virginia
- Former School Board Member of Fauquier County, Virginia
William G. Downey, Downey & Scott, LLC's Managing Principal, brings a seasoned perspective from his 37 years of construction management. As a Senior Level Construction Executive, he has extensive experience in all project delivery methods.
A trusted construction advisor within the industry, Mr. Downey deems a project successful only when a client’s vision has been achieved. His unique perspective reflects a four-year term as an elected member of the Board of Supervisors and another as an elected member of the School Board in Fauquier County, allowing him to better understand the needs of both public and private sectors.
Previous to becoming a principal, Mr. Downey worked with regionally recognized constructors, Chas. H. Tomkins Company, Sabre Construction Corporation and Chamberlain Construction Corporation.
As the overall Project Manager, and Principal of the firm, his experience adds a valuable hands-on perspective. He is well known as an expert in negotiation services, claims analysis, and contract administration on a wide range of project types. His skills, derived from within the industry, add critical depth and perspective to the Downey & Scott, LLC team. His analytical techniques are used extensively as part of the consulting services provided by the firm.