DAR Constitution Hall1
"The Hylton Performing Arts Center and Shepherd University Visual and Performing Arts Center are two similar building types, but in many ways, are extraordinarily dissimilar in their program and design approach. Downey & Scott was able to distinguish between the two very different sites, extrapolate the nuances between the multiple complex building systems, and develop a complete, up to date, and on time deliverable for each project.
Cost estimation was only one of several services provided during the design process. Invaluable commentary on appropriate systems, value engineering recommendations, and an overall genuine understanding and conveyance of ..."
Click here for Testimonials
Downey & Scott has provided various construction management services on numerous cultural projects throughout our region.
These historic and community landmarks include -- but are not limited to --
- DAR Constitution Hall: Washington, DC (pictured above)
- Shepherd University, Center for the Contemporary Arts: Shepherdstown, WV
- Smithsonian Institute, Cory House: Cambridge, MD
- Virginia Square Black Box Theatre: Arlington County, VA
- Smithsonian Institute, Coastal Science Laboratory: Cambridge, MD
- Maritime Museum: Annapolis, MD
- Patuxent Naval Air Museum: St. Mary's County, MD
- Newseum, Adaptive Reuse into Cultural Center: Arlington County, VA
- Navy Museum Annex: Washington, DC
- Smithsonian Institute, Environmental Research Laboratory: Washington, DC
- South Lakes High School Theatre: Reston, VA
- Shirlington library and Signature Theatre: Arlington County, VA
- Landmark Theatre addition: Richmond, VA
- Vint Hill Theatre: Warrenton, VA
- Miller Community Center Expansion and Renovation: Lynchburg, VA
- Northern Virginia Comm. College Black Box Theatre: Annandale, VA
- Virginia Tech Black Box Theatre: Blacksburg, VA
- Clarkson High School Black Box Theatre: New York, NY